- [r2042] Fix a potential denial of service with very long title attributes on tags. The title attribute sets the tooltip text when you hover the mouse over an element.
Security Rating: Low risk. This can lead to 100% CPU usage or a tab crash.
More information: http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/30975
- [r1927] Stop adding content from HTTPS sites to the searchable index.
Google Chrome keeps a searchable history of pages you visit. This history is only stored locally on your computer. Previously, this searchable history included the text from secure sites, such as your online bank (any sites using SSL for security). Google Chrome no longer saves text from secure pages in its local history. The address bar and local history search page will no longer find data from secure sites you have visited.
If you are concerned about data that might have been indexed for searching before this release, you can follow the Google Chrome Help Center instructions for clearing your browsing history.
- [r1978] Don't send sensitive URLs to search suggest services. Google Chrome stops sending data to a suggest service if the typed URL:
- contains a username:password field (http://username:firstname.lastname@example.org/)
- has query parameters (the trailing ?param=data following the URL)
- is an https URL with any path component (any part following the hostname, such as /path in https://www.example.com/path)
- [r1848, r1943, r2003] Fixes to the Google Chrome updater to make updates more reliable.
- [r1859] Fix problems with Flash not playing video if too many connections are opened. For example, using the slider to advance video on YouTube could cause video to stop playing.
- [r1692] Fix crashes with some plugins --3dvia was the most widely reported-- when they return an error for NPN_GetValue. Fixes bug 493.
Link - from Google Chrome Releases
Related: Beta release: 0.2.149.29