Friday, October 17, 2008

Introducing the winners of the Android Developer Challenge I

Less than a year ago, we announced the Android Developer Challenge, a two-part contest for developers to design engaging, innovative mobile applications for Android to
the tune of $10 million total in awards. Since the kickoff of the first part of the contest (ADC I) last November, we've been eagerly waiting to see what these brilliant minds would come up with. The first round of ADC I closed earlier this year, awarding the top 50 entrants with $25,000 each. Today marks the closing of the second and final round of ADC I, in which 10 winners will receive $275,000 and 10 semi-finalists will be awarded $100,000. We'd like to wish a hearty congrats to all the award recipients!

Visit the Android Developers blog to read more about the finalists' projects, and check back for updates on ADC II.

Posted by Eric Chu, Android Mobile Platform

Link - from The Official Google Blog
Related:
Stories by Googlers
Getting around your neighborhood with Google Maps
The Presidential debate: Expanding the town hall
I clicked to buy and I liked it

No comments: