This release contains some notable new features, including several to our datastore:
- You can now sort and filter on an entity's key
- You can now delete an entity directly using its key, without fetching the Model object.
- If you specify a key_name when creating a Model, its key will now be available before you call put()
- URLFetch calls made in the SDK now have a 5 second timeout, matching production
Also, it contains a number of issue fixes, including the following:
- SDK now only supports the same headers as production
- In production, fixed an erroneous NeedIndexError when two ancestor queries were specified
- Calling to_xml() on a model instance containing a BlobProperty returns that BlobProperty base64 encoded
- URLFetch now uses the original HTTP method (e.g. POST) when following a redirect
As always, any and all feedback is welcome in the Google Group!