- Introducing Google Ad Planner
There was a ton of interest in the tool, and the post announcing it was the most read post here on Inside AdWords for the whole year.
- Improvements to Ads Quality
This year, we made two big changes to how we calculate Quality Score and rank ads. This post explained the new changes in detail.
- Build your own display ads in minutes
We liked this post as it showed off a new tool that helps you broaden your advertising campaigns easily.
- Keyword tool updated with search volume
A theme for this year's top posts is providing our advertisers with more information to make their advertising decisions. The keyword tool updates definitely fit in with this theme.
- Announcing Google Insights for Search
Like the keyword tool, Insights for Search is another useful tool for your business.
- Tie: New ways to look at Search & Content Network statistics and Separate metrics for Google and search partners now available
Both these posts announced improvements to AdWords reporting that had been heavily requested by advertisers.
- New features in Website Optimizer
The new features addressed some of the top requests for Website Optimizer.
- Use keywords and placements together on the content network
This new feature gave advertisers better control over their advertising on the content network.
- Groundhogs, Seasonality, and Trends
A fun post looking at how you could use Google Trends to plan your campaigns around seasonal traffic patterns.
- Announcing the Search-based Keyword Tool
Another tool we released this year. The Search-based Keyword Tool helps you locate missed opportunities for advertising campaigns.
That's it for our top 10 for this year. We'll be off celebrating the holidays for the next two weeks, so you won't see any posts from us. We'll be back here blogging in January. Have a great holiday!
|[NFGB] Link - from Inside AdWords|
Related From Google Blogs:
AdWords Editor 7.0 for Windows and Mac
Quick tip: Use keyword matching options with negative keywords
(Ad)Word of the Day: Optimization
An update to the AdWords alcohol policy